"With a smooth face, and looped back, terry fabric is perfect for cozy loungewear."
French Terry is a knit fabric that has loops and soft piles of yarn on the inside of the fabric. This results in an absorbent, moisture wicking material. With a smooth face, and looped back, terry fabric is perfect for cozy loungewear. It’s heavier than a t-shirt, but lighter than most sweatshirts and has a good amount of stretch, which makes it comfortable.
It has made a major comeback because of these top 5 reasons:
- Superior Comfort – features soft piles of yarn on the inside of the clothing that is super comfy next to your skin.
- Keeps You Cool & Dry – moisture wicking properties draw sweat away from your body while working out or on warm sunny days keeping you cool and dry during all activities.
- Perfect Layering Piece – it’s heavier than a t-shirt, but lighter than a sweatshirt making it the perfect layering piece all year long.
- Provides Flexibility – French Terry has a good amount of stretch in the fabric that provides flexibility and comfort during activities like yoga, working out or just lounging around.
- It’s Customizable – you can add your own design or logo on any of our French Terry apparel to create a one-of-a-kind look.
You can find us use using Baby French Terry in most of our men’s collection, such as T-shirt, Hoodie, Zip-Up Jacket, jogger pants, etc.
How to care for French Terry
Depending on the cotton content of your French Terry, prepare for a moderate amount of shrinkage. You can wash French Terry on a warm wash cycle and medium tumble dry cycle.
French Terry may tend to pill with lots of wear and multiple washings, so you may consider line drying your garments. Also, you may notice the fabric loops flatten over time. This is common with this type of fabric.